Whitestone Veterinary Care22-22 154th StreetWhitestone, NY 11357
Traveling with your Pet?
Our veterinarians are USDA-accredited and are highly-qualified to assist you with the process of traveling with your cat or dog.
Contact us today for more information or to set up an appointment for your pet to receive any necessary vaccination updates, testing, microchipping and domestic or international health certificates completed in time for your future travel plans.
**Please note that preparing for travel to some countries can take months.
Please make sure to call us as soon as your travel plans are made so we can best help you prepare.
Below is some information we will need to know to prepare for the appointment and for completion of the health certificate
- Final Destination Country and any other countries you may be visiting with your pet
- Who will be traveling with the pet
- The exact address in the destination state or country where your pet will be staying
- What date your pet is departing the state or country
- What date you and your pet will arrive in the destination state or country
- The type of pet will you be traveling with (dog or cat)
- Detailed vaccination and microchipping information (if not administered at our hospital)
- What airline you and your pet will be traveling with. The airports you will be flying to and any layover information
- How your pet will be traveling (on board with you/as excess baggage/cargo)
- If you have already checked with your airline to determine any additional requirements they may have
It is ultimately the pet owner’s responsibility to ensure their pet has met the requirements of the destination state or country and airline.
Click Here for more information on APHIS Pet Travel.
After your health certificate has been filled out, signed and dated by our USDA-accredited veterinarian, most countries require that international health certificates be submitted to a USDA-APHIS Veterinary Services office for endorsement.
Click Here for more information on Obtaining a International Health Certificate Endorsement.